Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Little balls for Millie

I got a request from my sister-in-law for a necklace made of little crocheted balls for my niece. Seemed simple enough. I looked for easy knitting and crochet patterns for making balls and found there are many ways to go about it but many of those ways don't actually make something that turns out round. I settled for an easy crochet pattern that's almost round and hunted through my stash for a fun yarn. I settled on this shiny, slippery, orange variegated yarn and have become slightly obsessed with cranking out balls during any moment of free time. I've even gotten pretty adept at stuffing the ends inside the balls
Here's what it looks like so far:

I'm now beginning to worry that it's the wrong color, too big, too heavy, too shiny. In other words, not quite what I think she wanted. I hope I'm wrong but if not there's lots more stash yarn in my closet. I'm sure something will work.