Monday, December 15, 2008

Hanukah Stocking

Jon's been bugging me about having my own stocking for x-mas (he wants to give me chocolate so I can't argue with him). I made one last year by finger crocheting some roving. The stocking was HUGE and funny but I wasn't willing to part with that much perfectly good spinning fiber in the name of Santa. Besides, I'm Jewish, so I should be honoring my religion while partaking in another, shouldn't I? Thus was born the idea of a Jew Sock. Amazingly enough, I had the perfect yarn for it (okay, it's not so amazing if you've seen my stash) and after charting too many versions of the Star of David, I started knitting. Having just learned how to make a sock on my new-to-me knitting machine, I cranked out the sock part then spent an equal amount of time hand knitting the top. My mom would plotz if she could see it.