Monday, December 15, 2008

The Necklace Quest

The search for the perfect necklace for my niece continued this weekend. I wasn't very satisfied with my previous try. It's okay but not great and my sister-in-law had her heart set on a different color scheme. I've also been on a yarn diet and have been looking for ways to amuse myself with the billions of partial balls of yarn taking up many baskets in my studio. Lo and behold, I had just the colors she wanted in just the weight and fiber of yarn that would work for jewelry. I started making more balls, but with the cotton I was using I would have had to stuff every damn ball and I don't like to curse and fight with things I'm making for loved ones so after I made one ball, I squished it and the resulting disc was quite cool. I made more in all the colors I had and then chained them together. I love the result so much and it was so easy to make that I might need one for myself.